What do you think about boys long hairstyles?

My son has long hair and he really likes it. He says he's a rockstar, lol. But he seems to be getting confused for a girl a lot lately and everyone keeps pressuring us to cut it. I am not going to give in and loose his preciousness just because society has a problem with it. But anyways, he wants a little change without cutting it to much if anything at all. You can see what he looks like in my photos and under my kid in my profile. Any suggestions?

dreamyprincess

Asked by dreamyprincess at 1:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My sons have also had long over the years .( I have pics on my profile too ) My only advice I'd give you is, when and if he wants to cut his hair , let him do it. The only reason being we make so many decisions for our children . I have always thought hair should be one of the things they get to control .
    Bianca008

Answer by Bianca008 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• YIKES!!! NO way!! Saw his picture and although I think he is gorgeous I would cut his hair. 2 years old and under I get the whole thing about growing his hair out, but now it seems like he is due for a cut.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yeah, i'd say cut the hair. the longest he should go it to his shoulders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'd say it really depends on what is normal for your family, for my family that length on a boy would be frowned on. My 12 y/o gets a lot of grief over his longish hair and finally trimmed it up so that now it is just a shaggy look ( i guess its a popular thing right now) The only kids in our schools who have hair the length of your son's are the native american boys and some of the boys at the high school who are skaters and in the rock bands they started as a after school activity. My friends son is in high school and his hair is longer than your sons, but he is 16 and very obviously a boy.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I think longish hair can be really cute on some boys if it's kept clean and neat and is the right style or length for the shape of the face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i can't say anything my 8 year old is in the process of growing a mohawk
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 1:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ok, so i went and looked at the pictures of your son. i want to tell you first of all that your son is georgous. he is lucky to have a mom that supports him and loves him just as he is. you are so proud of him! and his hair, is beautiful. most women pay money (lots) for such beautiful locks. and anyone that says different can eat sh*t. lol way to go momma!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I think it looks fine. Just make sure it stays clean and taken care of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• isnt this the same kid that has a twin, and was in a video dancing to beyonces "single ladies"??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I PERSONALLY prefer a kid with short hair or shaved, but that's me :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2010