I am going cold turkey on Cafemom

I had enough of this. I am a member since 2007 and it was fun in the beginning, then it became helpful, I learned a lot, I accomplished my desire to have a natural birth with the help of a good group, I was coached through breastfeeding - would have given up without the help of another wonderful group, I learned how to raise healthy children and received encouragement when I was confused or afraid. But lately, in the past few months, I rarely receive good answers to my questions, if any, everyone is picking on each other, the ones that ask for advice end up doing whatever they decided to do before asking for the advice. Long story short I think I came to the end of a journey and I won't be the first one leaving this website. I am going to try to live a little bit just using my instincts and relying less on other's opinions.
Farewell my imaginary friends and may the force be with you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I've been a member since 2008, a month after my son was born. The morale has really gone down. I don't talk about a lot of things on here anymore because I know I'll get bashed for a stupid reason. I feel ya. :-(
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I know how you feel.....I just quit one of the topics..questions about current events,etc. because I get tired of being attacked and called names. I am kind of shocked at the cliques that get together and all agree with each other and all jump on those of us who have different experiences and outlooks on life. I am disappointed....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I am new to the site and I am sorry to hear this. I am going to feel this place out and see how it goes. However in the short time that I have been here I have experienced a few things that were not to my liking but I am okay with that for now. If negative things begin to happen on a regular then I will consider this place history.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 2:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well allow the force be with you also. I see where your coming from. There is a lot of bashing on here and you know all these trolls floating around it has come to be more then less and I have to wish you luck with you and your family it was nice o chat with a normal human for once.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Do you guys know an other website like this but better?
    marcy2115

Answer by marcy2115 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yeah, I've been here for a long time too and I've seen quite the downturn. If you're in certain groups it's not so bad, but even some of them are getting slooooow for how many people there are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2010