What the chance?

We've been using the with-draw method for a little over 2 year now. I'm well aware that this is not considered birthcontrol, because it doesn't always work. Which is fine with me lol. But what are the chances of actually getting pregnat using this method if even one time he doesn't do it fast enough? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I will sa a 50/50 chance.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I will say about the same...50/50...
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It really all depends on where you are in your cycle as to whether or not you have an increased chance of pregnancy. If you pay attention to your body, you may notice that your vaginal *discharge* (I'm going to use *fluid* from now on) changes throughout your cycle. The classifications are dry, sticky, creamy, and eggwhite. If your fluid looks like hand lotion or raw eggwhite, it means your body is preparing for ovulation. That fluid creates a safe environment for the sperm to live, whereas dry or sticky will kill the sperm within hours. Creamy or eggwhite will allow it to live up to 5 days waiting for the egg to release; this is typically essential because once an egg is released it is only viable for 24 hours. If you have already ovulated and the egg has died, there is zero chance that you can become pregnant before your next period.

For more information, get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010