HELP, Any Constructive Punishment Ideas?

I need some good sound constructive punishment ideas for my teen son that's 14 & has been actin up & doing some very naughty stuff. He told me that he doesn't think before he acts. Please only reply with Positive feedback. I've got him doing chores already & writing about what he's done. Any suggestions MOMS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Since you didn't give an example of the bad behavior it sounds like you are handling it well. Writing about it is an excellent idea. I made my son write it about what he did and read it to the family.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Has he been tested for any mental illness? He TOLD you that he doesn't think before he acts; impulsivity is one of the biggest signs of ADD. Other than that, I can't really help without knowing what the "bad" behaviors are. They really might not be as bad as you think.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well it's hard to come up with suggestions when you don't give examples of the behavior. I like to make the punishment fit the crime. Can you give examples?
    teamplayer

Answer by teamplayer at 11:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It depends on what he's doing... you don't have to give to harsh or to lax a punishment, that's not going to help.
    Anonymous

• want not have
    Anonymous

• I would take away the cell phone, tv, video games, etc. The punishment really should fit the naughty behavior.
    Anonymous