**Fertility Specialist Questions**

Hey guys! So my DH and I have been trying for a year now. This will be our first. We are both 34. He had a SA and according to the results he has "super" sperm which he is oh so proud of. I had the progesterone test done the last 2 months where the first was negative and the second was positive. My OB has now referred us to a specialist which my first appointment is June 29. My question is: what should I expect from this first visit? What questions should I ask? Has anyone gone to a specialist? Please help! I am a little nervous.

Tarheelgirl1975

Asked by Tarheelgirl1975 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well first, if your dr has not already done all the blood work, they will probably do a full work up on that (they took like 5 viles when I had it done). They may also order a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), which is an x-ray procedure done to make sure there are no blockages in your fallopian tubes. Since everything looks good with your hubbys SA, if everything is good with you, they may start you on Clomid, and maybe a couple other meds that may help you ovulate a bit more. You may also want to ask them if PCOS could be a factor in your situation? Best thing to do would be to just write down any question you come up with up until your appointment, that way when you get there you have all your questions right there. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2010