BFN in the 5th week.

Hi, my Af (periods) were suppose to arrive today but they haven't. I had spotting (I thought Implantation bleeding) a week after ovulation. I am having some pregnancy symptoms too. But I went for a blood HCG yesterday and it was a BFN (big fat negative). Is is possible that I could still be pregnant? Someone told me that that happens sometimes. Does any one here experienced this ... BNF for a beta HCG a day before (or around) their period but was still pregnant?

RawCore

Asked by RawCore at 7:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you charting? Taking your temp every morning and paying attention to your cervical fluid? If not, then you don't KNOW when you ovulated. It's very possible that the spotting was ovulation spotting (just because it hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it can't happen). If that's the case, then any form of pregnancy testing would come back negative on the day of your expected AF because the egg hasn't had adequate time to attach itself to the uterine wall and secrete HcG into your system. It's still possible.

If delayed ovulation was the culprit, you can expect AF (or take another test) in about a week.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• @ncbirdie, my periods aren't regular so based on last two menstral cycles I calculated my ovulation dates. It could very well be ovulation bleeding yup. I vomited today and my tummy is having a flu! I have some other preg symtoms but they could very well be all in my head or sign of something else wrong.

I'd wait this time for a week and then go for another test if Af does not come.
    RawCore

Answer by RawCore at 12:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2010