Do you monitor the sun's activity? Have you read this article by NASA?

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/04jun_swef/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• See here this is a good example of building something and knowing how to fix it if things go wrong. They have back-up plans etc, etc, For the life of me, I can't understand how they built this oil rig in the gulf and haven't been able to fix it.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 8:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I've read about this. The sun has had an increase in solar flares for few years now. Fascinating science.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• A very interesting subject. However, I don't hold out really high hopes that they will be able to predict solar weather any more accurately than they predict terrestrial weather. But it would be great if they develop this science to that degree.

btw, autumn, if the oil co's didn't have to go so far off shore to drill, we would not see what we have today in the Gulf. And an accident would be much easier to deal with and clean up. They did have back-up plans that didn't work. They haven't really had a chance to try them out much, and never at the depth they are working at now. Huge difference between 500 ft and 5000 ft depths.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes, it rises in the east and sets in the west. As long as it continues to do that, all is well. (Don't worry, I know the sun doesn't actually move.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010