ANY Suggestions for Summer activities for 14 yr old boy???

My son is out of school for the sumer & I need to keep him busy. Any suggestions on activities that anybody can think of except for T.V, Internet, & cell phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Cut the grass, wash cars, volunteer. Read.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Take the power cords to the game systems , tvs, etc and shoo him outside.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It is probably too late for him to volunteer at a day camp. He can contact the Red Cross and take a babysitting certification class. Visit with the elderly at a nursing home. Volunteer at an animal shelter.

There are more ideas here: http://www.hud.gov/kids/kidsvlta.html

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'd ask him what types of things he'd like to do. If you have a university nearby they usually have classes for teens. Check the local paper and see what's going on this summer for teens in the area. Let him decide.
    Anonymous

• skateboard park? tennis lessons?
    i like the idea of volunteer work!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Kids this age boys and girls have Volunteered at the local Hospital, lots of different jobs there, and kids seem to like it... -- for something to do during the day while parents are at work... -- (also counts as credit for National Honor Society now or in High School)......... ---- (as a parent if you work, take the time to plan mini trips on the weekens for your child, going to the lake, fishing, anything, but you owe it to your child, to help make their summer Fun, before school starts)....
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Weekends, (sorry for typo)...
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Hi! I raised my daughter and son many years ago. Thinking back on what they got involved with...We have a very active little league baseball organization. It is quite popular with kids here. Something physical like this is good for kids. Having chores to do at home every day is good for developing responsibility, also. Maybe the neighbors could use some help with yard work, etc. and maybe would pay your son something which would teach him how to manage his own money. My son had a paper route when he was about 12. Just a few ideas from someone with past experience. Good luck and God bless.
    Sherryl_in_OR

Answer by Sherryl_in_OR at 12:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010