has anyone had issues with their Britax Boulevard Circa 2007?!?!?!?!?

The strap adjuster lever is covered by a FLAP of fabric... are you kidding me! I have 2 1/2 year old, that's going to get used! He pulls it up and then throws his bodyweight into it, and get OUT of his carseat! Super scary going 75mph down the freeway... and I have a Tahoe, so he goes allllll the way into the back in the cargo area!

I contacted Britax THREE times now, and have been told that it's "my son's behavior problem, and my problem." Except that they have changed the design on the newer Boulevards... I know because I bought the SAME carseat only a 2009 manufacture for my daughter. The company told me that it wasn't a intentional design change, and that there was nothing wrong with the old style.

I think it's a CYA, and I don't like it! Especially when it's a freaking $300 carseat!

P.S. I do KNOW that there are problems with many other carseats, my issue is that they fixed it and never let us know!

LaraRose

Asked by LaraRose at 9:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a Britax and I love it. But my daughter isn't really hyper active. So wait a minute he is getting out of the restraints? How?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have a Britax Marathon and have never had a problem. I suggest you purchase a new seat for your son ASAP. Unless there has been a recall or multiple related injuries, the Company will do nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Why should the Company be responsible if your child is hyper active. The seat is not a strait Jacket. It is your responsibility to maintain control of your child and teach him rules. Anything made for a child can be dangerous if not used properly. Tell him he will not be allowed in the car if he acts like that, & stay home until you can go out alone & have someone watch him. He is old enough to understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• He pulls up on the strap adjustment lever, holds it, and throws his body forward... loosens the straps and slips out. Scary huh??? We did go and purchase a new seat for him... and it's not a Britax!

To the sweet "anonymous" poster who had the gall to tell me that my child is "hyper active" and that I am insisting that I use this as a straight jacket... wow. what a troll. he is a smart little boy, and he has discovered that HE has the power to loosen his carseat straps. He's going to do it. End of story.

If you could have read further (TROLL!) you would have found that I said that my biggest issue is with the fact that Britax KNOWS that there is an issue and they are waiting for children to be hurt or injured before doing anything about it. I refuse to allow my child to be one of their victims.
    LaraRose

Answer by LaraRose at 6:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2010