my preemie has a quivering chin, even when hes not cold?

my twins were a full four weeks early (to the day, literally) and the littler one had to be in the NICU for three weeks. when they were small, their chins would quiver, as if they were cold, and the doctor told me it is because their nervous system wasn't developed yet or something like that....
but theyre almost 9 months and Taden, the older but smaller, is still having this issue.
I've brought it up to their PCP but he didnt' really answer my question at the last appointment... I had a few other questions so that one I think, got forgotten.
I'm not TOO concerned about it because it doesn't seem to hurt him or cause problems I'm just a little worried if there is something wrong with his nervous system or something

has anyone else experienced this with a preemie?
what was it?
any ideas

note: he's NOT cold. i THINK it happens when he is excited, or emotional, etc.

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons chin would quiver too. I was soo paranoid, checking his toes & hands to make sure he wasnt cold!
    The doctor said it had to do with the connection of the nerves & he would eventually grow out of it & he did! ;) Dont worry!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My four month old does that, but he was not premature. I dunno, none of my three were premature. But I've also heard that babies will do that, the chin quivering, when they pee. Check that, too, see if he wets his diaper around the time it starts.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 12:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• None of mine were preemies, and mine all did that too - some for longer than others. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• thanks everyone!!!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010