Vacation without hubby? What do you think?

My sister rented a shore house for the month of July. She really wants me and my daughter to go down for a few days and stay over. Thing is we have two big dogs that can't come along. It's just too much and to pay for a kennel isn't what we want either. Do you think it's wrong of me to go for 2 nights 3 days without hubby? It's going to be me, my daughter, my mom, my sis and my niece. No men around for hubby to socialize with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Travel

• I go on a vacation almost every year without my hubby, I go with my kids, my sisters with or without their husbands and their kids and my mom. My hubby stays home because he works and he watches our dogs and my moms dogs so we don't have to board them. We do try to go on a vacation with each other when we get a chance, mostly we go with his parents and my mom watches our dogs. It works out well and he doesn't mind.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Why dont' you ask him how he feels about it? Say your sis was thinking about having a girls weekend and you'd like to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I can ask him but I wanted to get opinions on if you would go or not?

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would go if my husband didn't mind. I went to visit my parents in CA before I had our twins for 2 weeks....he had to work and he said it would probably be the last time I got to see everyone, as we didn't have the money to take trips out there anymore and not all of my family come to visit us. IT SUCKED BEING AWAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it, but I would discuss your ideas with hubby first and get his honest feedback on the situation first.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I think you should go and have fun with the girls, as long as your hubby doesn't mind...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• it is ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It would totally depend on how he feels about it. I don't think there is anything wrong with it unless he really wanted to go.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'd go.
    JuliaW

Answer by JuliaW at 12:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My kids and I go to Florida for the summer and spend a month there without my husband. He stays home with our dogs and works. We do take a small family vacation at some point though.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 1:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2010