Obama not above political manipulation after all

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama, being from Chicago, knows there are two basic ways to play foul in politics.

One is to break the law.

The other is to keep it legal, if shadily close to the line. It may not stink to high heaven, but it smells a little.

In the 2008 campaign and after, Obama said he'd tolerate neither as president, and he set the bar high.

How's he doing now?

Well, it's not all smelling like roses on the political front.

This is an AP article, not my opinion.
A link is provided below.

Can you please offer your opinion after you read the article?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sooner or later there will be some feeble attempts at defending him. But all they do is bring up past presidents and what they did wrong. Despite the fact that everyone wants to know when THIS one is going to do what HE promised HE would do.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I don't have to read the article. I never thought he would be anything less than a progressive, pandering, thug of a politician. Why? Because he essentially landed in the political arena out of the blue--with no REAL track record--other than being "present." He associates with radicals. He thrust himself into a presidential campaign with no resume, no CONCRETE proof of his legal identity--name, citizenship, etc. He hasn't any friends/classmates/buddies from his youth (other than ACORN thugs and other politicians) and he doesn't even have an AMERICAN home town to claim!

Anyone who expected him to be the "answer to their prayers" really bought it--hook, line, and sinker!! LOL :o) Of course, NOW they'll say they "never expected him to be anything other than a typical politician," which is funny, because that's akin to the short term memory loss that career politicians HOPE the voters have, so they can get re-elected!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• The article was actually rather interesting. It talked about Obama's campaign promises for fairness, honesty, and transparency vs what Obama's administration has actually done.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You will hear either "racist" or "give him a break, nobody's perfect" in 5.....4......3.....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I disagree, Lovin.  I can hear crickets. 

With the exception of a very few, most Obama's supporters won't read an article that questions his administation. 

But I could be wrong, maybe they will read it.  Or maybe, like you said, the name-calling will begin.

Anonymous

• I don't think they will even bother to open this question, they are getting tired of hearing all of us meanies picking on poor widdle Obama. We aren't giving him enough time to fix the big horrible mess the Georgie left behind, you know.....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'll be honest. I would have voted for a rock if it meant keeping another Republican/Sarah Palin out of the white house.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yep, guess I was wrong... and the applause goes to the anon with the crickets!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would have voted for a rock if it meant keeping another Republican...

***

Well, you DID vote for a rock.....a ROCK STAR!!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010