Rolling over question

DD has been rolling over onto her back for about a month now. How long does it usually take babies to learn to roll back over to their stomachs?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It took my son 3 months longer before he rolled onto his stomach!! He was rolling onto his back first and I don't know why it took him so long! It depends how much you have them laying on the floor too. I would help him roll over by giving him a little push so he would get the idea. How old is your baby?
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 10:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• its diff for all kids. My first son took forever(about 10 months seriously) and second did that one first.be patient, she'll get it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• She's 5.5 months.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Rolling over from belly to back is a complex set of movements and coordination and requires a certain amount of muscle strength. You need to do nothing but give the baby a lot of floor time so he can explore and practice.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My 4 month old son is rolling back to front, and front to back, and has been for almost a month. He caught on to that pretty fast. My four year old didn't like tummy time, so it was about 6 months old that he started rolling over at all. My daughter was pretty chill, she started rolling around 4.5, maybe 5 months. My oldest was like, heck naw, lady. He was probably 7 or 8 months old when he actually GOT it.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 12:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Kiwi rolled from back to front at 1 month. At around 2 1/2 months, she figured out how to roll from front to back. We'd go check on her and she'd be sleeping on her belly at 1 month, we'd roll her back over, ten minutes later, she'd be back on her belly. She still prefers the belly sleeping after spending forever rolling around in her sleep.
    My little sister, who is 9 now didn't roll from back to front until she was about 6 or 7 months old, and she was about 7 or 8 months old before she got the hang of going from front to back. It's different for all kids.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• it just depends on the baby, my daughter rolled front to back first then back to front came a few weeks later
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010