Was and am I just paranoid?

I hear a lot of people put blankets in with their babies, let them lay on the bed as infants, and give them water and cereal before they are supposed to. Was I too uptight by listening to everything the doctor told me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uptight? NO, but I don't see it as wrong or anything. I just chose to do what worked for our family and not what the ped did. I haven't met one ped that agreed 100% with another one, so I don't understand following any ped's advice to the T. All my kids were swaddled with their gift blanket as babies, while most of the time they slept in their bed, they did sleep with us here and there. The only problem that I could see, is being too stressed trying to follow the doctors adivice and not enjoying your time with the baby.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• nope not uptight at all. each mom should do what they are comfortable with, not what the "crowd" does. you're fine mama. some things I did on time like doc said something i made a choice that my child was ready. My son is 13 months and has been sleeping with thin recieving blankets for a long time. he cant sleep without them. some moms would flip over that, but to each his or her own. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Okay, I have to ask. What is wrong with a child sleeping with a blanket? This is a serious question. It's been 25 years since my baby was a baby so I don't know all the stuff you're not supposed to do these days. I always put my son to bed with a blanket. His favorite was forest green with silky edging.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• my daughter slept with blankets until she could roll, then we switched to sleep sacks. She has the bumpers in her crib because without them she will bonk her head rolling around in her sleep. We tried cereal at 4 months, didn't really work out though. She has slept with me, laying on my chest, when she was super fussy and wouldn't sleep any other way just so we could both get some sleep. There are plenty of things we moms do that other moms think is wrong but it's all about knowing your baby and doing what's best for her.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• seriously? why are you asking this?
    Anonymous

• there always has to be a jerk to ruin the moment! anon 3:15. guess you can't read!
    Anonymous