Didnt get to see baby on ultrasound....dissapointed! Has this ever happened to you?

I knew VERY early along that I was pregnant and had a 3 positive pregnancy test very early too!

Dr wanted me to come on in for an early check and they wanted to see if they could get anything on an internal ultrasound.

I am only 4 weeks yesterday!!! :) But when they did the ultrasound all they could see was a thickening of the area for the baby to be....

TECH assured me this was completly normal for 4 weeks. Still I was sad and a little bit worried to not see anything.

My little bean is only about the size of a sesame seed! So I guess that is to be expected right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never happend to me. But i was always about 8 weeks when i found out and got the sono.
    But for how early along you are that is to be expected.
    Good luck and congrats.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• They don't show you for liability reasons. They aren't allowed to show you, for fear of you thinking you see something and can come back on them. I had an u/s at 5 weeks with the one I'm currently pregnant with and wasn't allowed to see the monitor either.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I've never had this happen, but like other PP said, I never had one until I was at least 7-8 weeks pregnant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes its normal....don't worry! Next time the baby will still be small but you'll see a sac
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Never happened to me. I had my internal ultrasound around 8 weeks too.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes, It's normal. I had one done at 5 weeks and it just looked like a dot on the screen. Once I got further along, I was able to get more detailed/up-close views. It's still VERY early, and the baby has just implanted recently. Give it some time, and you'll get to see the baby soo enough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Alot of woman dont get to have an ultrasoud till 8-9w. When I seen my son @ 8w he literally looked a sea horse, he was TINY. I belive the tech said the picture was enhanced 100x or something crazy!
    Dont worry!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I only had the one ultrasound at somewhere between 20-24 weeks, so she was definitely a kid. I didn't even know they did ultra sounds that early unless there was a problem.
    Funny thing about my ultra sound, though. We wanted to know the sex of the baby, and the technician was going all over trying to get her to be still long enough to look, but every time he'd get close she'd wiggle away. Finally he said "if it would just open it's legs for a second, I'll know", and as if she heard him, her legs just went apart and bared all for everyone to see. No doubt what she was after that!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes, when I was pregnant with my 2nd I only had 1 ultrasound and I was looking forward to seeing the baby (and hopefully seeing if it was as boy/girl). Well, all we saw was a blur of movement, you could not even see a baby shape! It was so disappointing!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would have made a point to specifically ask to see the monitor. Your paying for it after all (or your insurance is). I remember one ultrasound I got in the ER with my last one at 7 weeks and I couldn't see that one because it was purely for diagnostics and they had been having a lot of women coming in to get "free ultrasounds." Also, because it was an internal one, the screen wasn't faced towards me and it was this HUGE portable machine that couldn't be manuvered in the room so I could see. I was a little upset, but because they gave me a legitimate reason, I didn't fight it. I got to see it on ultrasound a little later when the dr came in and showed me on this tiny little one though, and baby was ok. Remember, you have a right to your health, that includes your baby and everything. If anything, you should have asked for a picture of the thickening because it is YOUR thickening and YOU should know what's going on.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2010