would you give your child up for adoption?

my so told me this morning we should give our son up for adoption. he's almost 7 months and 3 weeks old. he wants me to give him up because i don't have a job. my so works and makes enough money for us to live. but he blows all his extra money on video games and junk. so then when he's broke he blames me for not having money. our son has food and diapers. he doesn't need for anything. i told him i'm going to leave if he thinks i'm giving my son up. but i wanted to know would any of you give your child away? do you think he's using me not having a job as an excuse for another reason he doesn't want us around anymore? the only place i might be able to go is my dad's who lives in another state.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would never give my child up because his father won't give up his video games to grow up himself!!!!!

Seriously leave his butt and send him the bill. There are plenty of support systems to single moms out there. Social services and welfare can help you find what you need to help establish a good live for you and your child. You can also go back to school to find a good paying job. Don't let his selfishness put you in the position to give up your child.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• N.E.V.E.R
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• No... I would give the 'boyfriend' away! He is a jerk! Sorry, don't mean to be so crude, but he is treating you horribly. Maybe you should go stay with your or his parents for a week or two and see how he likes life without you.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would do anything possible to keep my baby. Sounds like SO is immature and looking for a way out of responsibility!

DO NOT have another child with this guy....I would be using serious protection if you are still sexually active with him.

Tell him you WILL NOT under any circumstances give your son away, if he doesnt like it GET AWAY FROM HIM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would have said goodbye to my Dh if he told me to get rid of any of our children. Because he doesn't have enough to fill his selfish needs. I would stay with my parent and get away from him, once your gone and he isn't seeing his child thinigs will change
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yea I would have to agree with the other ladies! He sounds like an ass that doesnt want to take up his responsibility!! You need to get rid of his ass for even suggesting that! I'm sorry but he just pissed me off!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• In this situation... it may be hard to give up on someone you had/have feelings for.. but in the long run think of your kid. Does he really need a father that doesn't want him anyways? no. There are plenty of other men out there that would love your son for who he is, no questions asked... and would be an actual father to this child!

There are plenty of other men out there that would NEVER ask you to make such a sacrifice because they are stuck on video games!

Talk to your dad, I'm sure he'd agree wtih us women here.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• id be giving my so up for adoption
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would never even think of it, and I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if he ever even had the thought! I can't imagine staying with a man who didn't want his own child!

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Absolutely not!! I would be packing bags right now and leaving... And smack him with a child support order!! Thats crazy!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2010