For those who co-sleep

Okay, this is a serious question. I'm NOT bashing here. For those of you who co-sleep. How do you get any alone time w/ your SO? Is that what afternoons are for? Or is this just another form of natural family planning? (LOL) We dont practice co-sleeping in our house, although we do enjoy the occasional "nursing nap". And I've always been curious about this....

new_mom808

Asked by new_mom808 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We co-sleep ( NEVER have sex in the same room as our children) but we do have sex all over the house. It makes our sex life MUCH more exciting. We have a spare bedroom with a spare queen size bed that we use also.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I did co-sleeping with my daughter for the first 3 months. Babies sleep so much, the alone time really wasn't a problem. Hubby and I enjoyed our time with our new baby in bed with us =) it was family bonding. Once she moved to her crib things went right back to normal.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I always wondered that too! I could never have sex with my baby in bed or even in the same room. I think it's gross!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My son slept with us overnight while I was nursing. He would nap during the day in his crib bc I didnt want it to be a "new foreign" place when the time to move out of mommys room came time.. So anytime my son was tired I could lay him in his crib- "entertain" my husband & if it was bed time I could go back into his room & bring him back to bed & he wouldnt wake..
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My 4yo and my DH co-sleep in one room & my 2 1/2 yo and I co-sleep in the other room. But when we want some alone time we just put the kids to bed and meet in the living room... Or put them both in the big bed and meet in the other bed... It just takes a little planing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ewe what if something splashed on the baby?
    Anonymous

• OMG in the living room???? What if the 4 year old comes runnung down the steps? Or um the mailman is at the door?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Anon:45, I hope you are kidding. Nothing ever "splashes" when my SO and I have "adult time"
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I don't get it.. there are MANY places in your household that you can have sex. LOL Why automatically assume that every time you jump into bed it's time to get it on.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• No im not kidding! What kind of sex are YOU having??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2010