opinions on pitt bulls

My FIL called my DH couple days ago to wish him a happy birthday. they got to talking about the half pitt half rotweiler puppy we adopted 2 months ago. FIL is convinced that she will turn on us one day due to her pitt blood. i love her so much and cont...

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pets

• shes so sweet and obediant. shes great with the kids as well. what do you think of pitt bulls? i think it depends on their training just like all animals.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Pitts are no different than other dogs, get a puppy (or well known adult) and raise them properly and they won't turn on you. It's all in how they are bred and raised. As a pitt owner and lover, people with ASSumptions like your fil pisses me off.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I agree with Angelnchainz.. Ive had and know alot of people with Pits and they are all awsome, loving dogs and never turned on there owners, the little dogs I find are way more agressive.
    Anonymous

• I have 2 and they are the sweetest dogs I have ever seen. They are big babies. All dogs are dangerous if raised by the wrong people or not supervised around children. Everyone made a big deal about our dogs being around our sons, but never thought to mention my sisters beagle being around them until my sisters dog walked up and attacked my 3 year old for absolutely no reason. He ended up with stitches in his face and still has scars.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Omg ty u anon : 33! i say the samething about lil dogs. we have a 4lb dog as well and shes viscious when she wants to be!
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It's not the BREED that is dangerous it's how they r raised.As long as you are very strict but not violent with the dog than is should be good.My brother has a pit bull and she is 8 years old he has had her scince she was a baby.And she has NEVER hurt or bitten anyone.She has jumped on ppl but never hurt them on purpose.Because he is strict. wit her.But if you are comfotable with it then do whatever! :)
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 12:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• MIX DOG ARE VERY GOOD TO HAVE ! ALL 9 DOGS OF MINE ARE MIX AND THERE GOOD WITH MY 2 KIDS THAT ARE 13,15 AND OTHER DOGS !
    Anonymous

• shes a pound rescue. Her mother brother and 2 sisters were at the pound with her and i have to fight with myself daily so i wont go try to pick them up as well. they all seemed so wonderful, wish we could have the income to support all of them.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Its not the BREED, its the Deed. if YOU RAISE them good they will be good dogs.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I love mine, you just have the responsibility of keeping your dog socialized with other dogs and people and you will have a great dog. If they don't get proper socialization they do get dog aggressive by nature but it is reversible. They very very rarely turn on humans, they are such loyal animals it breaks their hearts to make their master mad or upset at them. I don't know as much about rotti's and if they turn or not on humans but I know the dog aggressive issue can come up with that breed as well. Overall I think you have a great mix there but don't take their power for granted and always keep them socialized :)
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010