I have seen many women on here say things about hiccups. What does it feel like when your unborn hiccups?

Asked by SpiffyMom at 6:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Awww, it's such a cute feeling. It's like these tiny spasms in your tummy. I'm not sure how else to describe them. They don't hurt at all (or shouldn't).

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• typically they dont hurt but you can usually tell because the movements are fairly equally spaced apart instead of just at is cute though.

Answer by Anubis8733 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i used to wonder about that myself, how the heck do you know if they're hiccuping?? my doc said that it's like a little jump over & over. kinda has a rythm to it, not like just a random movement here & there but continues to happen over & over. the baby was hiccuping when i saw her once & she confirmed that's what it was :)

Answer by mommaCAT215 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• aww its a cute thing

Answer by Patience1 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• its so cute, i knew b/c it was happening during one of my checkups

Answer by leah2113 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I don't think it's cute because the baby doesn't seem to enjoy that feeling.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2008