Help? :)

My 12 year old dd is always talking about how she wished she was busy doing something to stay off the computer and phone.But there is nothing for her to do around here.She can't go outside because its raining.And she 12 years old so she doesn't play with toys anymore.What are some fun and/or active things for her to do and have quality time with herself?

KaraEmomma

Asked by KaraEmomma at 12:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• board games with mommy. A trip somewhere with her mom. She is probably wanting attention more than she cares about toys. Try making a day just for the two of you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i agree. i loved to hang out with my mom at that age. we would go shopping or just window shop, farmers market, just go for a walk.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• She could do crafts for herself, to sell, or for charity. She could find info on the web about making quilts for babies (Project Linus), knitting baby hats for babies in other countries that actually die because they don't have hats, knitting rectangles that are put together to make blankets for the homeless, sewing heart pillows for kids in the hospital, sewing walker and wheelchair storage pouches for people in assisted living centers, ect.

She could read books online. Colleges offer free courses including MIT and Stanford. They may have things for kids.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Would she be interested in painting? Get an art easel,canvas and some oil paints or water colors and different paint brushes.
    But if its just something for today that your looking for how about a quick trip to the library to get a couple good books to read.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Family Fun has a good web site and would have ideas. Mothering Magazine has discussion boards and there are a lot of people that homeschool and are used to finding things for kids to do yearound. You could get more ideas there.

http://www.mothering.com/

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• At that age I read non-stop. I always had a book I was engrossed in. If I told my parents I was bored I got put to work lol. So I always found a way to keep myself entertained.

Why can't she go out in the rain? To this day puddle jumping is one of my favorite outdoor activities :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Read books
    Go to a library
    visit a friend
    Call the Red Cross; become a certified babysitter and earn money
    make friendship bracelets (lots of great tutorials on youtube)

My 14 year old and I took a long walk in the rain today!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010