Needs to vent!!!

My son's dad got all pissed at me because I wouldn't let his family drive my car. I don't drive his truck around so what right does he have to my car? Am I wrong?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No you are not.I think your right.If you wanna do something he won't let you but he can do something you dont want him to do its wrong.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 12:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You will have a child with him, let him use your body, but won't let him drive your car? Where are your priorities? I can see not letting his family drive your car but if you are together and he is the father of your child it seems wrong that you will let him "drive" you but not your car.

Anonymous

• No, and it is very selfish of him to want your car loaned out to his family. Not to mention your insurance should a wreck occur. Tell him since he is being so generous, just lend his car. I'm the exact same way with my family, and it can be stressful having a vehicle, and family members with NO LICENSES, constantly asking to use my car.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• him or his family are two different situations entirely.

One... his family isn't covered under your insurance policy if they get into an accident.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• "You will have a child with him, let him use your body, but won't let him drive your car? Where are your priorities? I can see not letting his family drive your car but if you are together and he is the father of your child it seems wrong that you will let him "drive" you but not your car. :"

again: One.. his FAMILY is not covered under their insurance policies. I think her priorities are not only LEGAL, but also thinking of what could happen should an accident happen with the car. Where would her and her family be if they lost their car? In a crap load of a mess is where! Not only the problems it would cause between her and his family. If he wanted to borrow the car, I'm assuming things would be a little different, but it's his FAMILY, NOT him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Anon he doesn't drive me around. I pay bills with my OWN money on that car. Hazel is right. She hit it on the nose. They are not covered on my insurance and if they wreck, I'm screwed. That's the #1 reason why I didn't let them drive it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Look here, forget Miss ANONYMOUS, and take my advice. It is not a wise choice to allow other people besides your husband to drive your car. They're not on your insurance, and they could have an accident, and guess what? Your insurance will go sky high, and I bet his family will be NOWHERE around to help foot that bill. Keep them out, if they need to get around, maybe you can offer to take them, or maybe your husband can take them.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• And by the way, just because I slept with him doesn't mean he owns me or my property, okay?
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ambr, I would gladly offer to give them rides. I've done it before and would do it again. They have done me lots of favors but I'm not willing to break the law for it. Thank you. :-)
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I think you are 100% right to say no and he has no right to be mad at you for it. If he is so concerned about his family having something to drive then HE should lend them HIS vehicle! They are not your family- they are 'nothing' to you so there is no reason they should borrow your car. If they need a car, then they should go and rent a car- simple as that. If anything happened (like an accident) then you can be caught up in legal battles and insurance hassles and it is not worth the risk.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010