wwyd?

Hubby and I are very touchy feely. We hug, hold hands, tease, and cuddle on the couch when we watch tv. My dd (15) has a girlfriend who spends the night every once and a while whoes parents are newly divorced.... and she is having a really hard time of it.

Do hubby and I act normal when she is here... or do we tone it down a bit?

One the one hand I feel we are a good example and shouldnt change who we are.
On the other hand I dont want her to feel bad seeing us knowing that her parents couldnt work through their issues.

None of our other kids really have friends whoes parents are divorced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, just keep doing what you're doing. First, it give a lot of kids security to see marriages working when their parents' didn't. It gives them hope that their marriage can make it. Also, your kids are the priority. Your kids need, every chance they get, to see the love between their parents and to feel the security that that gives them. It'll probably be just as good for their friend. It's nice, though to see that you care about your daughter's friend and want to make her feel comfortable and secure at your house. Good job!in love

MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I agree
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My parent's separated when I was 15, divorced when I was 16. I can tell you from experience, just keep what you're doing, no need to change.
    I may make her sad to see you and your husband getting along, make her a little jealous of your daughter, but it won't ruin the friendship. And, if you stop, she'll know it was because of her and she is already feeling guilty and upset over her own parents not being together, she won't want to feel responsible for her friend's parents being apart like that.
    I know, I had it both ways as a teen, and I preferred the family who's parents kept things the same way as before, it was nice to go somewhere where the parents actually liked each other and weren't withholding affection from each other on account of my feelings.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• As long as you're not fondling each other its ok

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010