I'm 18.2 and my tooth has been killing me!!! Is anyone else getting this?? If so what do u use or put on it? Can destist do anything sence ur pregnant?

armywifeortiz

Asked by armywifeortiz at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure they can, just go to the dentist and find out. The pain isn't going to go away until the tooth has been taken care of and trust me when I say this, the pain can become excruciating! AND you don't want it to get to the point where you will need a root canal or where you will lose that tooth. Get to the dentist soon.

Anonymous

• I had an absessed tooth when I was pregnant with my last one and I went to the Emergency room..my face swelled up like I had an apple parked inside my cheek,lol. They gave me an antibiotic and percocet for the pain. That cleared it up and I waited until after the pregnancy to get the tooth removed.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• They can actually do full dental work while your pregnant. My boss got a bunch of work done when she was pregnant. Her dentist said that there is a window of oppertunity from about 4 months to 7 months where the anestetic doesn't affect the baby as much.... I don't have much research on it, but hey, if your dentist and your ob says it's ok, then go for it.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It is actually better to get the problem taken care of now-then to wait it out. My friend was in the same situation and ended up getting in infection in her tooth. She then kept going into preterm labor and in and out of the hospital. She finally said something about her tooth to her dr. They treated her tooth with antibiotics and filled the cavity and the preterm labor stopped. It turned out the pain and infection was stressing her body and causing labor to start. It is better to get it taken care of now then to wait and for it to get worse.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It is actually highly recommended that you go to the dentist while you are pregnant. I would definitely go get that checked out!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• wow!!!
    thanks you ladys for all your answers!!! i will get it taken care of asap maybe till monday i work 12 hour shifts sat and sun :(
    armywifeortiz

Answer by armywifeortiz at 2:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010