How likely is it to get pregnant by pre-ejaculate? (tmi)

I feel like a teenager asking this question! But DH and I were caught up in the moment and dtd without a condom. He pulled out, but I am worried it wasn't fast enough. I was about 2 days away from ovulating. I am due for AF in about a week or so and getting very nervous because my face is breaking out way worse than normal, I feel a little crampy, and I am exhausted. We do not want any more kids, and definitely not any right now! So does anyone know the percentage of possibility of getting pregnant this way? Or have a personal experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sorry, but if any sperm ended up inside your vagina, the chance of pregnancy is very much real.
    Anonymous

• Its SLIM. There is very little if any sperm in Pre-E. There are MANY women that used the pull-out method and it works fine, for years.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Since you don't want more children why not take birth control pills?
    Anonymous

• I have read in several books that there is a high concentration of sperm in pre-ejaculation and that kind of explains why teens get pregnant so often---they think you can't get pregnant if he "pulls out",HAHA. EVeryone should get to their Library and find some books on reproduction and pregnancy...fast.
    Anonymous

• actually every highly.. my midwife always told me it could happen and i never believed her until right now im 2 months preggo and i know that he never ejaculated in me..it was just pre ejaculate..
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant with #1 using the pull-out method.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 1:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• matthewscandi is soooooooo wrong - there are more sperm in most mens' pre-cum than cum - the the likelihood of getting pregnant is fairly high. The pull-out "methed" is not a bc method at all, it's pure luck for those that haven't gotten pregnant with it.
    Anonymous

• OP here, thanks girls for the answers. We never do that, I don't know what got into us that night. Darn that Sex and the City movie...haha. I don't use birth control pills because I react very negatively to them and they could counteract my heart meds. We have used condoms successfully for 6 years and it just makes the most sense for us. It took me quite a few months of trying to get pregnant with both my other children so hopefully we will dodge a bullet this time and be more careful next time.
    Anonymous

• It really all depends on where you are in your cycle as to whether or not you have an increased chance of pregnancy. If you pay attention to your body, you may notice that your vaginal *discharge* (I'm going to use *fluid* from now on) changes throughout your cycle. The classifications are dry, sticky, creamy, and eggwhite. If your fluid looks like hand lotion or raw eggwhite, it means your body is preparing for ovulation. That fluid creates a safe environment for the sperm to live, whereas dry or sticky will kill the sperm within hours. Creamy or eggwhite will allow it to live up to 5 days waiting for the egg to release; this is typically essential because once an egg is released it is only viable for 24 hours. If you have already ovulated and the egg has died, there is zero chance that you can become pregnant before your next period.

For more information, get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

Oh yes, I am so wrong. I have been using "pull-out" for YEARS and I have never gotten pregnant by Pre-E. There are a thousand different studies that ALL have different outcomes.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010