i am REALLY scared/nervous about a c-section.

i am expecting twins within at the very most 7 weeks. as of right now and since ive been getting ultrasounds one baby is always head down and the other baby is breech. Now m doctor said that as long as one baby is head down than i can be "allowed" to "try" a vaginal birth. i vaginally birthed my daughter andrecovery was smooth.from everything ive heard of c-sections the recovery takes forever and is painful:( I DO NOT WANT A C-SECTION!! i have had alot of encouragement from other twin mommas who have birthed their breech twins naturally, and im confident it can be done..however i will be birthing in a hospital and im really hoping thedoctors will let metrust my body. any stories of c-sections you can share or words of encouragement? both babies are doing SOO awesome, i havent had any problems so far this pregnancy,no signs of early labor coming along.im just hoping things go as i wish for!

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 1:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT GET A C-SECTION!!!! Unless your babies are at risk while trying ti deliver, do not have them cut up open and risk infection among other things. Please try and do it the way our bodies are ment to(I will not say how god intended because who am I to say that lol but our bodies are intended to birth naturally)
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I had a planned c section with my last. I had to arrive at the hospital at 6 a.m. The whole night before I was so nervous and anxious about the c section, I couldnt fall asleep till about 3 in the morning! I was so exhausted!!
    But when it came time for the c section, everything went fast and smooth and it was all over with before I knew it.
    Congradualtions on the twins and Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Kim, why did you plan a c-section and not let your body tell you when you were ready?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• i AGREE with you!! im am wanting to have an unmedicated vaginal birth with thses babies. i am very confident i can do it. the only way i am willing to get a c-section is if my babies livesdepend on it.not for doctor convience or because the doctoris too scared to deliver twins vagianlly...i really think im just fretting over nothing because the ob i have is amazing, she has vaginally delivered twins before and said she is not afraid to do it.:)
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I say this...Trust yourself. But take into consideration what the doctors ahve to say. Ultimately it is your choice. I c-section is not that bad. I had one and was home cleaning house the next day. I was up walking around and nothing hurt any worse than natural birth(which I have also done) . GL
    Anonymous

• my, it's ok to worry. I give you a lot of credit to want to deliver twins naturally. Not many people would do that! Just tell your Dr if he/she wants to plan a c-section that you will let your body tell you when it is time!!! Please do not be presured by a Dr. who wants more money from a c-section and also probably doesn't want to sit around waiting for you to go into labor. Some Dr.s should have picked a different job!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Anon :06 how were you home the next day? No hospital will let you go after major surgery the next day!!! For those who do not know a c-section is major surgery!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Because I had a medical issue that I rather not discuss on here.
    She asked for words of encouragement...if a c section is what she ends up having to do...then why arent you giving her words of encouragement that everything will be okay?
    I agree..if your body can do it and thats what you want to do is a vaginal delivery, then by all means..do what you can. But if something were to happen and a person needs a c section, there is no sence in trying to scare the hell out of them.
    I was very anxious and nervous and I'm saying that it wasn't as bad as I had feared.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• KIm I gace my opinion that is all and that is whta I was asked for and if you see the OP agreed with me!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• 2 planned c sections.best choice ever made :) I was scared but honestly i was in no pain.Slept,walked,drove like normal.its not the same for everyone but if you go in thinking your life will be hell its going to be lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2010