does anyone have a good enchalada receipe by any chance?

JasminesMum08

Asked by JasminesMum08 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
    8 oz shredded cheddar & Montery Jack cheese blend
    1 onion,chopped
    1 can sliced black olives,drained
    Vegetable Oil
    24 whole wheat soft flor tortillas(8 inch)
    2 cans(10 oz each) Enchilada sauce
    4 cups chopped cooked chicken

oven 350,lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish
    COMBINE cheese,onion and olives in small bowl.Heat enough oil in skillet to lightly coat 1 tortilla,add tortilla and cook until soft.Remove tortilla ans dip in enchilada sauce to coat.Sprinkle chicken down ctr of tortilla, top with cheese mixture.Roll up tortilla and place seam side down in prepared dish.Repeat until bottom layer of baking dish is covered with enchiladas.spread enough sauce on top to cover the 2st layer.THen REPEAT a second layer of enchiladas.Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.Bake 20 mins or until cheese is melted.
    ALL DONE! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Zucchini and Cheese Enchiladas
    8 corn tortillas
    Olive oil
    2 med. zucchini, sliced
    1/4 c. onion, chopped
    1 sm. can green chili
    1 can whole pitted black olives
    1/2 to 3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese (I use less cheese and mix it with 1 to 1.5 cups of refried beans)
    Enchilada sauce (recipe follows for homemade sauce)
    Sauté zucchini and onions in olive oil. Pour some sauce in the bottom of an oven proof 8 x 11 x 2 inch dish. Heat the tortillas one at a time for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave long enough to soften so they roll without breaking. Too hot or too long, then they get too stiff). Dip warmed tortillas into sauce. Fill with small amounts of zucchini mixture, cheese, olives and chili. Roll the enchilada and place in dish. When you have filled the dish with 8 enchiladas, top the dish with the remaining cheese, olives and chili.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 4:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• . Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
    Enchilada Sauce
    1/2 c. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 c. vegetable stock
    1 c. tomato puree
    2 tsp. chili powder add more if desired to suit taste
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour. (1 can tomato paste can be substituted for the tomato puree. Add water until you reach the consistency that you like).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• thanks, ill def try them out
    JasminesMum08

Answer by JasminesMum08 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well, I'm from tucson, az, and the enchiladas there, in my opinion is the best that I've had pretty much anywhere else! I found a recipie a while back that was the closest to the sauce from home. It's a little spicey, but that's the way I like it, and my LO actually surprised me and ate it right up... I honestly didn't write it down, but what I remember is this...
    2 Tbsp flour 4 cloves garlic, minced
    3 Tbsp oil (corn if you got it) 1 small onion, minced
    1/4 c red chili powder 1 15oz can beef broth
    1 Tbsp ground cumin 1 8 oz can of tomato paste
    Start by making a roux--heat the oil, add the flour, & stir over MED heat till golden brown. Add the broth slowly, constantly stirrring. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic & onion. Add in the tomato, paste And let simmer, covered. (Cont for enchilada part)
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• For the filling, I boiled about 4 breast of chicken till cooked, (but not dried out!). Let cool a bit (enough you can handle it) and then pull apart into shreds. In a mixing bowl, add about 1/2 C sour cream and a can of green chilis. Spread some of your sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish. My corn tortillas were a little old and dry, so i just layered them on bottom, in the middle and on top with the chicken mixture then covered the whole thing with the sauce and colby/jack cheese. If you have time and your tortillas are fresher, you can roll your mixture in the totillas and line them up side by side in the pan. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or so.
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2010