have you noticed

has anyone noticed that fastfood restaurants are selling combos with small drinks and fries instead of medium? I've noticed burger king doing it and I just went to arbys and they did it too. Seems pretty crappy to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the only fast food places i go to are mcdonalds, taco bell, and subway and none of them do that. mcdonalds gives a medium unless you order a large meal so you get a large drink, and taco bell gives large drinks with combos. burger king is awful to begin with imo so it doesn't surprise me that they'd do that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• For one they are probably trying to save money but two many of the fast food restaurants were criticized a few years ago for their super sized meals and are probably trying to make themselves look better in the public eye. Personally, if I choose to super size, that is my business and don't need a bunch of health nuts bullying the fast food restaurants into change. Fast food is unhealthy, period and I know that. lol

Anonymous

• lol...Was just talking about stuff like that yesturday with my DH. We had bought a bag of Combos (those pretzal things filled with cheese) and its mostly pretzal now and little filling..yet it costs more than it used to.
    It seems to me that the quality and quanity are becoming less on a lot of products out there yet the cost either stays the same or goes higher.
    Its crazy.
    I think the fast food places do that because they want you to order the supersized so that you have to pay more,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• we dont really do fast food... so I havent noticed

BUT I do know that last time I went and asked for a small it was HUGE!
    Anonymous

• yea it's buuuullshiiiit.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't bother me. It helps me watch my portions. But I rarely eat fast food.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• IDK about the other rest. but I used to work at BK...what hap was the names changed...not the sizes...we used to have small, med, lg, and king size...now they are called value, small, med ,and lg...so you get the same size...it was a trick to make more money cuz ppl would not pay attn to signs and see name changes and order med and get what used to be lg...am i making any sense?
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 5:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• They are doing you a favor. You don't need the calories or the sugar spike from the fries not to mention all that salt. Let's not even get into the sugar water (soft drinks) that Americans are addicted to. I get the burger, let the fries go and take a bottle of water.
    Anonymous

• Well the small now is what used to be medium. They think they can say it's healthier if they call it small, but really, it's the same size.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2010