Why is it that the Atheists and Pagans stick together while the Christians get thrown to the wolves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because Atheists and Pagans live and let live.  Christians do not.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Not sure what you are really asking here.
    Anonymous

• It's ok. If we can make it through The Fire then we Christians can make it through the wolves!
    Anonymous

• are you asking why christians dont stick together?

Anonymous

• I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm an atheist but I don't "stick with pagans" nor do I "throw Christian's to the wolves".
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I understand what you're asking and why. I agree that at times it is like that. I am a Christian and I've had this happen many times. However, I've also noticed times when Christians gang up on an Atheist or Pagan and just browbeat them, thus hurting instead of helping their cause. No one appreciates not having anyone on their side and being the odd man out in what feels like a hostile environment.

LOVE your answer, Anon :57!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Atheists & Pagans have more in common together than they do with Christians, that is why. If Christians could all agree instead of creating so many different denominations, maybe you would not feel as if you are being thrown to the wolves. Imagine if the Catholics, Pentacostals & Lutherans all joined forces? WOW, Christianity would be unstoppable. Too bad they all have "the right way" and can't seem to agree on the bible.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I also agree with thislove in that not all Atheists and Pagans are like that, just as not all Christians are like that toward other faiths.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Historically, Christians have persecuted and even brutally murdered members of the other two groups. Maybe there is some left-over resentment from that. As a Pagan, I do have to be careful about Christians, some are fanatical and get really nasty about my path and my choices. I don't associate much with staunch Christians because it's just a totally different viewpoint on life and I dont' like to censor myself as much as I have to around them.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'm not sure if you live in China or North Korea or what, but Christianity is the world's largest religion. Christians have been some of the least persecuted people outside of the communist block since oh, 500 BC? I have never once in my life seen pagans and atheists (or agnostics or others) gang up on Christians.

I think a lot of Christians (of whom I am one, by the way) have a persecution complex. They seem to think that if they are not tiptoed around and their faith held up as the one perfect faith by all people, and endorsed by the state to the exclusion of other faiths, that constitutes persecution. It's ridiculous and it makes me ashamed as a Christian.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010