I just found out today I am pregnant with #4

I keep getting pains in my lower back and in my ovary areas, also my down stairs seems to be on super sensitive over drive. Like it feels like my nerves or over stimulated. Is this ok. I've not experienced this before with my other 3.

abigailsmommy05

Asked by abigailsmommy05 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different but it doesn't sound like anything is wrong. I'm obviously not a doctor but I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my son. If it's cramping, you should call your doctor. Also, if the pain comes and goes regularly like a contraction, even if it doesn't feel like a contraction you should call the doctor.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yes it's normal your body is just preparing for the things to come from what I was told by my doctor. I didn't feel anything but some growing pains with my first and sore breasts with this one I had pain around my ovaries kinda like a twisting pinch and it would hit in spurts and sometimes it would stay a little bit my pelvic area very sore, breast extremely sore and my lower back ached a little also. I was told that some women go through it and some don't it's also how I knew I was ovulating was when I got that pain from my ovaries and lower back some women can be sensitive sometimes. I didn't become sensitive till after I had some cysts removed then every time I ovulated it hurt and with this one I felt pain just like you are right now but not anymore I'm 15 wks now now I'm in the growing pain stage just a couple of twinges here and there there is nothing to worry about unless you start bleeding from what i was told.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• congrats mommy to be!
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. The down stairs is sensitive due to the increased blood flow. The other you're describing is round ligement pain. Every pregnancy is different. Your profile is private. Do you by chance have 3 girls? If so, this one may be a boy if your symptoms are different.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• No I had a girl first and 2 boys, I never had round ligament pain this early. I thought of that though. I also have the feeling of an impending period. Which would be my first missed period. I am only 10 days past ovulation.
    abigailsmommy05

Answer by abigailsmommy05 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Everything your describing is exactly how I felt in my first trimeter of my second pregnancy. It scared the crap out of me because it was PAINFUL and I thought my body was trying to miscarry him but the doctor said that it was just round ligament pain caused by everything moving back into place for a pregnancy.

The pregnancy was completely healthy and I delivered a healthy baby boy at 37 weeks.
    Anonymous