Toddler size backpack..Name or no name?

So im looking to get my daughter a toddler size backpack.Should her name be embroidered(sp?) on it?Its only preschool from 9am til 1230 mom-fri.

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 3:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I pick name. So if a stranger calls your tot by her name....I'm going to assume you don't just leave her at the park. Geeze - your there watching her. Look everyone creeks out about stranger danger and statistics prove the u.s. Is actually safer now than it was when our parents grew up. True stat: 95% of children are harmed by someone they know. Someone you know. This means the person most likely to harm your child already knows her name. We have this weird ability to truly get stupid about things like this. I worked with rape victims and children who had very bad things happen to them. I never had a child who was hurt by a total stranger. I did work with adults who were. So if you like the name on her pack then do it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If anything just put her initials. I don't like the backpacks with full names on them.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't. You wouldn't want someone who sees it to call her name and make her think that they know her. Just put her name on the inside or back of it so everyone who need to will know it's hers but some stranger won't know her name.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• That was my thought also.I just wasnt sure.I mean I live on post and you cant get the children without signing them out or even in the school without a key.But the thought of her being sneaky would not be cool lol. I just dont want her having the same looking bag as other children.I remember I had the same backpack as 4 other kids and we got them mixed up lol...

Thank you lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't purely because we hand stuff down. Of course they have a few personal things, but generally I try to buy unisex stuff like green, yellow, orange, and red things, and no, no name.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 3:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Names on the outside are a safely risk; a stranger can call your child's name.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I usually write my kids names in permanent marker on the inside that way they don't get mixed up with other kids backpacks at school. I would be hesitant about putting the name on the outside.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I chose to have my sons name on his backpack because it is cute. We only use it for going back and forth to preschool. On the rare occasion I take it out with a spare change of clothes he doesn't wear it. It stays in the car or in the stroller. He is never away from me wearing it so I was not concerned about the stranger calling his name. It is from PBK and it is adorable.
    Anonymous

• at most I'd only do initials as a safety precaution.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Names on backpacks are VERY dangerous. A stranger can call out your child's name and get them to trust them.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010