IMO a big age difference between children suxs (anyone else having issues?)

My poor 9 yrold is almost in tears today because she 'again' has to ride in the car all over the place to get the older two to where they need to be. She told me she feels like she spends 1/3 of her life in the car.... and sadly she kind of does.

The older two have to be where they have to be when they have to be there. She is too young to stay alone, I dont have a nanny... so she just has to go along.

It just suxs!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Trade child care with one of your daughter's friends. Get the older ones bus passes or bicycles.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• op here...

no public transportation in our area. Very hilly to hard to ride. Im kind of stuck. I do have many carpools... but cant carpool for everything.

Anonymous

• Maybe the older two need to cut down on their activities? Or maybe the little one should be allowed to join something herself? Or maybe, if one of the older two are old enough, you should let them drive themselves?
    Anonymous

• Why can't she take an art class or a swim class etc, and then she would have something to do while you drove the other two around. She is 9 way old enough to be included in all this running around.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010