Do you have gay friends or a gay child or sibling?

I have some gay friends, my brother is gay, I have a gay nephew, a few gay cousins...my daughter has a few gay friends and I have been told by someone close to me that I am wrong for allowing my daughter to have gay friends and to have let my children be around my brother and his boyfriend and I should stop allowing my friends to have gay friends, because they could influence my kids to be gay. I told this person they were closed minded and judgmental and I refuse to take the advice because I don't believe you can turn someone gay.

MrsAJLaw

Asked by MrsAJLaw at 4:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know anyone who is gay, but I wouldn't care if somebody who was gay was around me or my family. I think it's ridiculous to think you could turn a person gay. I could dress my boys in pink dresses every day of their lives and it wouldn't change who they grew up attracted to.
    Anonymous

• Good answer. I worked for a while w/a gay guy and he was a great person. Didn't "turn" me gay, he was funny, kind, and one of the hardest workers I had.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• that person is just wacked.

Yes, gay realitives, gay friends, and my teenager has a couple gay friends.
    Anonymous

• My dad was gay, I am not, neither are my brothers. I think you are gay or not gay, no one can influence anyone to be or not.
    Anonymous

• i dont think a person can turn someone gay, i think its an instinct kinda thing, and having your kids around gay ppl is good so if your children are gay then they wont be so weirded out by it....
    Anonymous

• Yes I have gay friends and my dad was gay. I think he was an amazing dad. It's not like gayness rubs off! We all could learn a lot from the kindness, generosity and tolerance that gays seem to get when others don't.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I just recently found out my gay cousin died from aids :( sad but i hardly knew him. My best friend of 6 years is gay and you would never know it by talking to him. And no people do not turn GAY!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Thats so judgemental. Just because your are gay doesn't mean you are contagious. you were right to tell them off. My father is gay and he is the who raised me and I haven't turned gay. some people are just so dumb
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well, if that were true, straightness would rub off and turn gay people straight!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I do not have gay friends, but my cousin is gay and my sister is gay.
    Anonymous