DD is getting a heat rash...at least i hope that's what it is...

yesterday morning we got the kids dressed, dd was fine. i put her in the car, took only a couple minutes cuz dh was helping, turned the car on, turned to back out and saw that dd was COVERED in red spots/blotches, (NOT bumps) neck to toe. after dh calmed me down, lol, i kept an eye on it, she got into the pool later and it went away. then this morning, it happened again. only, we went to walmart, they were gone not even 3 minutes in there, then on the way out, they were back before we even made it to the car, which wasn't far at all. i'm wondering is there anything i can do about it? for some reason our AC only works in the car when we're going 50mph or more, we're waiting for money to come in to get it fixed, hopefully that will be SOON...oh yeah she'll be 2 in July

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• forgot to mention this has NEVER happened before, even the past few weeks it's been super hot/humid outside, went to parks, were outside at families house for hours...and never had this problem....it's weird. DH just got out of active army so we're still working on our health insurance stuff, so i don't have a doctor for her yet either.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• is she sweating? i had a friend a few years back that broke out everytime he would sweat. its actually not to uncommon to have sweat allergies aspecially if you arent drinking enough water. but his rash would go away as soon as it dried. if its heat rash try keeping sun block or lotion on all the time.
    Anonymous

• i don't think she's sweating..but that's a good idea to check out. she's totally hydrated though, i make it a note to make sure my kids are. thanks :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• If they're going away I wouldn't worry too much about it. Any other type of rash would stick around. As far as I know heat rash is the only type that comes and goes.

Do you or your husband get heat rash? My husband does, and so my daughter is just like him, and gets it a lot
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 6:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010