What do you do with your kids in the summer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• We got a season pass for a local pool. We will be swimming nearly every day.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well my 5-year-old is going to California with my parents for 10 days, then day camp for 2 weeks, then Vancouver to my hubby's parents for 10 days and then hubby and I have 2 weeks off and we're going to Greece!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Going to the zoo, the library, the museums, the amusement parks, and he also has ESY camp for 3 weeks from mid-July to mid-August. We'll also be working hard in our gardens and he has therapeutic horseback riding 1-2 days/week.
    Anonymous

• My son has a nanny during the summer. She takes him to the zoo once a week, fit kids program twice a week, the library, the local park with a fountain all the kids play in, biking trail/running trail, the playground, playdates, and we will be adding swimming lessons. Occasionally the movie theater. I am off on Tuesdays so his nanny comes four days a week. Hoping to go to a three day schedule soon. When that happens we will be at the lakehouse for extended days. Weekends we do road trips since my son is only three. Trips to the ocean and mountains for the weekends.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Nothing. It's summer break...they spend their time riding bikes, playing with their friends and swimming in our pool. I relax inside while they do whatever. They are out from after breakfast until after dark coming in only to use the bathroom and to eat.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Open the back door lol. We have a pool a play set, a sand box, etc. They ride bikes too. Pool takes up most of the day, and we have underwater lights too, so they love to swim after dark. They do go to summer camp for 12 nights...per their request., they love camp. Violin lessons, movies, Cedar Point...amusement park. They keep me jumpin! Rainy days we flop in our pj's and snuggle and do quiet things and are thankful for the down time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010