How much do you spend on your kids birthday gifts? How old are they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids will turn 5 and 8 this month. We've always gone a little nuts for their birthdays. I haven't kept track, but I would say we've easily spent $1500 this year, plus we're going to take a little trip to California because they want to go to Knott's Berry Farm.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My son just turned 4, we easily spend $1000 on gifts. Plus whatever friends and family got him...
    My other son will be 3 in july - we'll spend about the same.
    Anonymous

• My daughter turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and we spent $1200 on her gifts. But we only buy or kids presents on their Bdays, Xmas and namedays. My hubby is Greek and they have namedays in Greece that are as important as birthdays.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Mine are 5 and about to be 4. We usually spend 50-100 on birthday presents and about 200-300 a piece for christmas.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• On the actual gifts: around $30. Plus we take the whole family out to eat which is about $60.
    That's for all 4 kids. The youngest turned 4 in April and we spent about $50 on her because we got her some stuff for her dollhouse. The other kids will be 10, 9 and 8 this year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My daughter is turning two in a couple of weeks, and I'm not spending more than $50. She already has a zillion toys, and plenty of outfits to get her thru the Summer and the Autumn. I got her a Mr. Potato Head and a couple My Little Ponies. My SO and I will probably get her a Fisher Price Little People school bus, and that's about it. Her b-day party will consist of a cake and ice cream. She's too young to really understand the meaning of birthdays, so I'm not going to spend a ton of money.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• DD just turned 10 - we spent about $150.

DD just turned 16 - we spent about $250.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2010