15 year old daughter

My 15 year old daughter is pregnant. She wants an abortion, which I agree with. My husband, however, wants her to keep the baby. Anyone have any advice how to explain to my husband that this is my daughters choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Just tell him. He is the father, and make sure your daughter knows how he feels, but in the end, it has to be her choice. Just support her. And if your husband can't accept that, he needs to stay quiet. He is not the one who has to live with your daughters choice, she does.
    Anonymous

• It's not up to dad. It's up to her. Get the abortion and just let dad think she miscarried.
    Anonymous

• I would tell him just that - it's not his choice, and he doesn't get a say. Period! I would tell him if he doesn't like it just keep his mouth shut, he's not a woman, he's never been in those shoes, She is!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• agree with anon :30
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 5:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Tell him to shut his mouth, and get your daughter her abortion. Then, get her some birth control
    Anonymous

• This is really a tough one, she is so young and has her whole life ahead of her. I would take her. I would talk to your husband and explain that is her choice and he is only making it harder. This is a life changer, either way. Try to get your dh to understand that she needs him on her side. It is too late for the birth control talk but it is not too late to support her choice. I don't think of abortion as murder but that doesn't mean I agree with it. But for a 15 yo girl I think it would be the right thing.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It's her decision, & nobody elses! Period.
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 10:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Maybe your husband thinks his grandchild is worth saving. It's too late for him to save his daughter, apparently, sooooo... better late than never!
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• In most states, a minor is considered an adult for all decisions related to a pregnacy. He doesn't get a say in this.
    Good luck to your family, and don't delay on getting the abortion; the cost and risk increase pretty quickly.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2010