Are my phillips avent things BPA free?

They were bought for me sometime last year and there isn't a 'BPA free' logo on the box. It's one of those 'everything you need' boxes with bottles and a steriliser etc. I am breastfeeding only, so I haven't used the bottles but the steriliser is used to sterilise my breast pump, which is also avent. Are these products bpa free if there is no sign saying so? As I bought a tommy tippe bottle to see if she would drink from that (which she didn't) and it had a bpa free logo.

My daughter has never taken to the bottle of expressed milk - but I plan to start giving her a cup soon for her to learn to use, and want to use the pump to express milk. Is it safe?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have both old and new Avent bottles. The newer ones that are bpa free are tinted. The older ones are clear.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• The Avent bottles that I have dont say on them that they are BPA free but the packaging does say it so... maybe check the packaging?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• If they are a year old then I believe they are bpa free but you can call their company and ask to be sure. My dd has also never taken a bottle but Tommee Tippee makes a cup for 4+ months that she will sometimes take an ounce or so out of. It's the only one she hasn't gotten immediately pissed at lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2010