Does this make any sense to you?

My doc said since I'm so small figured that I will probably have a 5 or 6lb baby, but if I dont have her before 41 weeks he wants to induce me.. if he thinks she will be so small shouldnt he wait the 42 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How small is "small figured"? IMO you can't tell by how small the mom is...I am 5' even and was 105lbs. before getting pregnant and my first was 9lbs. 5ozs.! I wasn't really all that big while pregnant either.
    Anonymous

• I am 5'1 and was 95lbs before getting pregnant, but I am 31 weeks and already gained 23lbs, but it only looks like I gained 5 or 10 lbs lol, but I just feel like if he thinks she will be so small, she should stay in a little longer, even a week will help, but 41 weeks is when he induces, I always thought it was 42.
    Anonymous

• my sister in law is 5'4 some where around their weighed 98lbs at the begining of pregnancy and 120 at 37wks and she had a 6lb baby they induced her because her baby would have been around 8 to 9lbs if full term which is 40wks
    Anonymous

• Your doc is full of crap, honestly. My grandmother is under 5' tall. My dad was born over 8 lbs. Your body WILL NOT grow a baby you cannot birth. And you're right. If your baby is going to be "so small" (which isn't something that can predicted NOR should it be a concern) then there should be no reason to induce. There is no risk going to 42 weeks - 42 weeks is the end of a normal period of gestation.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• you should never go further then 41 weeks. my moms friend did and the baby died. there ARE major risks! i don't see how you having a small frame is going to make your baby small though. i've never heard of that. i'm tiny and both my kids were big, same with plenty of other people I know. i've heard of women having to have a csection because of that though.
    Anonymous

• The last Anon is INCREDIBLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not over due until you past 42 weeks. If your mom's friend's baby diet it wasn't simply because she went past 41 weeks.

As long as the placenta isn't calcifying and the fluid levels are good which can both be determined with an ultra sound then there is NO reason to induce in a normal risk pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2010