What food should I serve to guests at my son's first bday?

There will be approx 60 guests party starts at 2pm... its a pool party first week of July.

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we just had my sons first bday party too.. at a park, that had grills, playground, etc. - it is also the town pool but that pool wasnt open yet. anyway, we had burgers, hot dogs, sausage patties, we ordered a 1 ft italian sub from the deli, macaroni salad, & potatoe salad, and spanish rice & sausage that my aunt makes. we also had chips, pretzels, cheese doodles, and cheese/cracker/meat platters out before hand.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• BBQ
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 6:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• BBQ is a great idea.
    But if you don't want to do that...
    For ours we usually do hotdogs with all the toppings available (chili,cheese,onions,relish,coleslaw,mustard,ketchup)
    And I like to do sloppy Joes...I keep all the meats warming in a crockpot or two.
    Chips,pretzals,pasta salad,veggie tray,fruit tray or a fruit salad.
    Homemade punch bowl
    But all my kids are like winter bdays...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Pizza. Buy lots of it.
    Or if you want to go over the top make lots of enchiladas in big throw away metal pans. Make them up to a week before unbaked and just heat them up for your party. The night before make a huge pot of beans or chili.

If you don't want to feed all of those people just serve appetizers. There's nothing wrong with that if it's during the day. Or just buy huge quantities of sandwiches from a deli.
    MsYoung655

Answer by MsYoung655 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2010