Do you blend babies food in the blender?

...since the blender doesn't fit in the steriliser? My daughters only 3 months so I don't plan on giving her solids yet, and plan on using 'baby food' like baby rice first - but is it safe to blend other food in the blender and give it to her before she's a year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's what I did when my first daughter was a baby. And that's what I'll do in a few months with my second girl!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes its safe. Dont worry about it she will be fine.
    Anonymous

• There is no need to do that blending. . When baby has lost the tongue thrust reflex but and develops the ability to use the tongue to manipulate food, which along with sitting unassisted, and the ability to grasp food and bring it to mouth is a sign of readiness to sample solids which starts around six months, give real food -- fruits and veggies from samplings of your meals and snacks. No need for purees. No jars. Just lightly smashed or small pieces. Easy. Costs nothing but sharing.

Baby food and rice cereal are just ways to separate people from their hard earned money. Babies don't even digest solids very well until they are around a year old because their gut has not finished developing. Babies often get terrible gas and constipation from the rice. It will just be pooped out with no benefit. It tastes horrible too.

I do this with my 8 month old and there is no fruit or veggie she's refused including cauliflower
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I just did it in the blender. After she was about three months old I didn't worry about sterilizing anymore. I either ran things thru the dishwasher or handwashed them with hot, soapy water. I figured by then her immune system was stronger and I didn't want her to not be exposed to anything at all since that isn't good for them either. By six months I stopped using the infant water as well.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I agree with amileegirl. You dont really have to blend anything. But if you do the blender is fine, or a food precessor, or an immersion blender.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2010