how does my 4 year old know this....

i was playing around with her the other day and we were at a eatting place there was 8 people at the table and i said if we had 15 soups how many would everyone get (we had my sisters 1 year old with us to) she goes everyone would have 2 but the baby would have 1 then today i asked her if me and you had 6 apples how many would each of us get she goes 3 i mean she comes up with the answer in like 20 seconds then i say if you have 5 silly bandz lose one and give another one away how many would you have she answers correct again then i try to trick her and go if you have 10 silly bandz and take them off and put on the table how many do you have she goes um...its the same thing mom how does she know all this?? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my dd can do that in her head quickly too. not sure how they can do it so young but it's cool
    Anonymous

• Wow I hope my daughter is gonna be that smart lol!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 6:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• That is amazing!!! How cool. SHe is already a smart little girl! Good for her!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Because someone taught it to her or she taught herself. She just doesn't know that she is adding and subtracting yet. I had a 5 year old in my preschool class that taught himself to read at 4 years old. He can also add, subtract and multiply. He knew the beginning sounds of all the letters, so he just sounded out the words until he got them right.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010