Now the racetrack's more important.

My husband and I talked earlier this week about going to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow (last day until next year). I was looking forward to it, and he said he'd have to see what his check was like this week. Well, he calls me today to say his buddy wanted him to go drive his drag car tomorrow. I said something about the Ren Fest and he says "Oh, well you said you didn't want to go." but I NEVER said that. So now I'm stuck. If I say he can't go to the race track, he's going to bitch about it. If he goes, then I'm screwed on a pretty afternoon with nothing to do, and he knows that I don't like being put on the spot like this.

Anyway, what would you do? How would you react? I'm mad because he's putting words in my mouth and blowing off our plans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• that would never happen in my house. i would tell my SO hes not married or having sex with his friend and unless he plans on living with him, having sex with him, & being in a relationship with him from now on, he better be at the ren fair with me tommoro.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'd go without him.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yeah I would get some of that check and go by myself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I would tell him to stop putting words in my mouth, and to be a man who lives up to his commitments.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2010