I lost 20 pounds but its only one size smaller, instead of two. is that normal?

I thought that a size was ten pounds..very disapponted that I'm not more than one size smaller in pants. has anyone else experienced this??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Be proud! It takes a lot to lose weight. You'll get to your goal weight before you know it.
    Anonymous

• I lost 25 lbs and didn't even go down a pants size. I just lost it in other places. Don't fret, It will happen eventually! Congrats on your weight loss and keep it up if that's your aim!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• It really depends on where you're losing the weight 1st and your height and bone structure. A really short woman that loses 20lbs might drop 2 or 3 sizes but a tall woman might only drop one...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• maybe you need to tone more. do more strength training exercises.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ive recently lost 20lbs and have barely gone down one size...so your doing great! i know its discouraging to not go down more in sizes, but its your health that matters...not your pant size. congrats on the weight loss!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• You may have gained muscle which is causing you to lose less of a pant size.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010