riding out of carseat question.

We are taking our 3 month old EBF baby to the mountians tomorrow for the 1st time. (we spend alot of time driving in the mts) So my ? is, if you were driving up on an old road, no other vehicles and only 20mph at the most, woul you let baby out of carseat to nurse and ride in your lap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. You could stop a few minutes for a nursing snack, or you could lean over his carseat, but even at slow speeds, he could get hurt in an accident.
    Anonymous

• No, I'd pull over.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• " or you could lean over his carseat, but even at slow speeds, he could get hurt in an accident. "
    LEAN over his car seat like a cow feeding a calf give me a break, just take him out of the seat feed the kid and put it back.
    Anonymous

• No! Do the responsible thing - stop.
    Anonymous

• I never take my daughter out of her carseat and she is 3. You never know when an accident is gonna happen. I would either pull over, lean over the carseat or pump and give a bottle.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• pull over... it doesn't have to be a long break... maybe when you stop, it could be a bathroom break. (and theres nothing wrong with leaning over the carseat to feed the baby... i know several people that nurse like this because of latch problems and such...)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• This is anon 7:33
    There is nothing wrong with leaning over a car seat to nurse. If that's beneath you Anon 7:40, then so be it, but if baby's hungry and you can't stop, you do what you have to do.
    Anonymous

• OP here,
    Cant lean over baby because of swallow issues, he has to be where if he chokes I can sit him up fast.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 7:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Just take the extra time to pull over and nurse. You dont have to be going fast to be killed in an accident so why even take the risk. Dont play russian roulette with your life or your babys.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2010