I don't understand this.

My brother is in the marines and is currently staying on an army base for school reasons. He told me that they were warned not to be out at night walking alone because some people in the army were known to gang up and jump the marines that have come onto the army base. How can this be true? I thought they were all on the same team or am i wrong? And sorry i did'nt know what category to put this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sad if that's true.
    Anonymous

• It's a pissing contest really. Each branch has their attitude and likes to rag on other branches. I have uncles in each branch and they love to talk smack at family functions. As far as actual physical violence, that's just messed up. Like some sort of hazing or something.
    Anonymous

• The marines are the 'jar heads'
    Navy are the 'squids'
    Army are the 'sand bags'
    and I don't remember the name for the Airmen (Air force)

They are all in competition with each other, each branch thinks they are better than the other, but all are fighting FOR the same team.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My DH was an Officer in the Air Force on flying status for over 20 years and we NEVER heard this. Maybe it s because he retired in 1987. Is the world just getting more violent and crazier now? Wow. Maybe they are telling you some "macho stories" to make themsleves feel "manly" ? That's unbelieveable.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but whats macho about a bunch of army men jumping 1 marine? That tells me they are pansies and can't handle their own. Would they actually brag about that?
    Anonymous

• a marine could take down any single one of those guys one on one hands down.
    Anonymous

• Army are Soldiers, except for the infantry. They are grunts. Artillary are redlegs, or cannon cockers. Armors used to be the queens of battle, long time ago. Tankers used to be queens, but they don't like that now. Anyone not Airborne is a leg.
    My father is retired, Vietnam era. My husband has been in over 17 years. Neither of them has ever heard the term 'sand bags'. I don't want to say what they call Air Force. I don't want to offend.
    As for why the Army guys ganged up on one Marine, that's pathetic. But I can say, the same would happen on a Marine base to an Army soldier, I'm sure. It's not right. And hopefully they were caught.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• As the second Anon post said, yep, it's all a pissing contest. They are all better than the other. When my husband meets someone who is not in the same branch of service he says "I won't hold that against you" or "Sorry to hear that". I then say later, what a dick....
    Airforce is the Chair Force
    Coast Guard is Ghost Guard btw
    Anonymous

• 8:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I'm sorry, but whats macho about a bunch of army men jumping 1 marine? That tells me they are pansies and can't handle their own. Would they actually brag about that
    ************************
    LOL...I know! What a bunch of dorks. :-) Since when does fighting mean they are "manly"....I was being sarcastic. Its not macho...just dumb.
    Anonymous

• Never heard of this. Doesn't seem like something that is worth risking the potential to lose one's military career over...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2010