Since that tylenol recall I bought a store brand pain reliever for my toddler..in your opinion, does the store brand do as good of a job as the Tylenol brand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm a Pharmacy Technician so I can assure you that by LAW all generic medications must be exactly the same thing as the name brand, and this goes for all medications whether they be prescription or over the counter. This isn't like brand or generic oreos and ho hos. Don't be fooled and waste your money.
    CassieMcIntyre

Answer by CassieMcIntyre at 2:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes

Generic works just as well.
    Anonymous

• Generic is every bit as good. The main active ingredient is the same, only the generic is cheaper because they don't spend a fortune on advertising.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• SIgh..really? I was wondering because my daughter has a fever of 102.8 and I've given her 2 doses of the store brand stuff today and it hasn't budged. I was hoping it was just the medicine not working. Damnitt.
    I've given her 2 baths too. Now she has the chills but the fever is still up there. :(
    Anonymous

• Have you tried the Motrin generic? Sometimes, our pediatrician advises alternating between tylenol & motrin (I only ever buy generics though) to keep the fever down. Keep careful track of the dosing though if you do this so you never give it too soon or give too much of either medicine!
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• same exact active ingredient. is store brand salt the same as morton?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I just sent her daddy up to CVS to buy some motrin about 20 minutes ago.He should be here soon. Yeah, I know about the 4 hour alternating method. I hope it works. I don't want to bring her to a germy emergency room for something they will probably do nothing about but tell me to go back home and do all the things I've already been doing..you know how that is.

And umm..I have no idea if store brand salt is the same as morton obbydobbie. ~confused by the question tho..not sure if youre just trying to be sarcastic or asking a real question there~ If sarcasm was intended..there really was no need for that.
    Anonymous

• I don't think so. I have had to use generic brands for myself and my kids before and they just did not work. I buy name brand. It's definitely worth it IMO.
    Anonymous

• lol obbydobbie is so bitter. she is always on here and being rude. hey, at least she takes it out on people on here instead of her kids... i hope.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Works JUST as well. I've always used it and my kids are 5.
    Anonymous