does it bother you...

when parents of children of the same sex close in age expect you to invite both kids over when your child really is only friends with one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. I would not mind unless it was a situation where I could not provide adequate supervision for both kids and mine.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• As long as they were decent, behaved children, no. :)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yes. I don't like it when parents think everything has to be the same for all their kids to be fair. It's particularly annoying when they send extra kids along to birthday parties univited.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'll clarify...as long as they ASK if it's ok beforehand for visiting, parties, etc. :) If not and they just assume, then yes, it can irk me a bit.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I'd imagine it would be annoying for the child if he/she didn't want the SIBLING over and just wanted the one they are actually friends with. I don't think it's really fair to the children either. Just because you have a sibling doesn't mean they MUST go to your play dates with you.
    Anonymous

• Never happened to me because we don't have kids over but I'm a parent of kids close in age and I've never expected the siblings of the child invited to go. My kids expect, though. Whenever one gets invited to a party the other kids want to know why they can't go.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Not really. As long as the parents are expected to stay at the party with their children.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have boys that are 13 months apart. Life is not always fair, one will get invited to things when the other does not. and the other way around. They have to live and learn it all equals out in the end.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010