Is it common to feel like this with a second pregnancy???

I'm 16 wks pregnant and I have been really gasy lately and I have for the past wk had the urge to go but nothing comes out I'm sorry if this sounds horrible but I don't have anyone to talk to about this and I was just curious if it was normal. I'm not constipated I have one like I'm suppose to it's just for some reason after I get done peeing or passing a lot of gas I have the urge to go but nothing happens is it normal I don't remember this at all with my first. I'm also getting gas pains at night in the past couple of days that feel like a cramp and then a big pop in my stomach and it kinda hurts please ladies any suggestions anyone else experience this is it normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you are drinking enough water, and get sextra fiber - pears, prunes, dried apricots, oatmeal, fresh veggies. Sometimes prenatal vitamins can cause constipation because of the extra iron.
    Anonymous

• Oops, I didn't mean to type sextra (guess you know what I'm thinking about tonight, lol)
    Anonymous

• LOL@ sextra! hehe
    Yes, all that gas is unfortunatley normal. With my 2nd and now my 3rd...the gas in my stomach hurts like hell!
    With my 2nd though..I figured it out...she is the gassiest,fartiest little baby! LOL (well,toddler now) And that has got to be why with her! I'm guessing this one will be a gassy little thing too,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• ha ha ha not me mine has come after me for 4 nights in a row lol and I don't know whats going on since I've been showing he has been after me I just want to sleep to go to sleep at a decent hour uurrgh lol.
    Anonymous

• Gas pains are super normal in pregnancy. For me, the gas is unbearable for the first 20 weeks. The only relief I could get was laying on my left side. Sitting up made the gas worse. I think Gas X is now considered safe during pregnancy. Call your dr and ask.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2010