OKAY MOMMAS! Whats the new cold/sickness/virus/flu or whatever going around in your neck of the woods for these kids?

Every time one of my kids starts getting sick, I look on here and someone else from somewhere else has posted a question about thier child and explains the same symptoms,lol. Weird but true.
So whats the new one...should I be worried?
DD 15 months old.
Fever snuck up out of no where about 11 a.m. Took her temp at that time, it was 102.8
She's moody
She's cranky
Her nose is a runny faucet
She seems to want to eat but when I give her food, she'll take a bite and start crying and won't eat anymore ( so I'm thinking possible sore throat)
She's sleepy,climbed on the couch and went to sleep on her own! (very unusual) but then woke up crying that time and from her regualr nap too.
I got her to eat 1 and 1/2 popsicles
Now she's got the chills but is burning up to the touch,lip is quivering!
ANY OF THIS SIMILIAR to what any of your kids have right now? Diagnosis? If any?How long does it last? Thankyou!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Like one of the others have said, huge outbreak of Hand, Foot and Mouth disease here. My daughter had it about a month ago. Fever sprang up out of no where, around 102 degrees. Cried when trying to eat, very sleep, very snuggly (she is not a snuggle type so we knew something was wrong), cried and wimpered a lot. We took her to the doctor and the doctor said that is what she had. She didnt have the sores on her hands and feet but they were on the gums and down her throat. Doctor told us that the sores are painful and can even cause a really bad headache. She gave us some meds to help numb her mouth a little so eating and drinking was a little easier. That really helped. Fever lasted for around 3-4 days. and she was feeling much better after about 5 days. Good Luck and hopes she feels better soon!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Oh, and yes, I've given her store fever reliever and she's had 2 coolish baths...no luck on bringing the fever down.
    Anonymous

• We've had a big outbreak of Hand Foot and Mouth around here. And strep.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Chicken pox and mono. For adults, they're saying you're contagious 2 months before you show symptoms, and it can last up to a year. Yikes! My co-workers 4 month old has it, hope she'll be ok.
    Anonymous

• Oh to add, my daughter had pretty well everything that was going on with your daughter. The chills, hot to the touch, runny nose, not eating, sleeping, crying. I would take her to the doctor and I bet that is what she has.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My 15 month old DD was going through the same thing on monday. Called the doc Tuesday morning and they told me to go to ER or urgent care. She had a throat infection and bilateral ear infections. She's on meds now and starting to do better.
    terahg

Answer by terahg at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2010