"Its me or the dog"

I am watching the show "its me or the dog" and i can not believe these people are refusing to clean up their own dog's poop. Their back yard is covered in poop and they are saying they will hire someone but they(both of them) REFUSE to clean it. This is sick. The tv host is out there doing it herself. I am just disgusted. Do you know people who have pets and refuse to properly care for them? how sad =( I don't like doing certain things with our animals but i make sure my dh does them and if he werent able to do it i most def would make sure it got taken care of.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Pets

• That's gross! I pick up poop from our yard every couple of days. We have 3 so there is a LOT of poop. lol We have 2 kids and spend a lot of time in our backyard. There is no way I would just leave all that mess out there for all of us to step in and track back in the house!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• that poop is good for your grass ! but i use a water hose to sock it in the ground ! sorry if any words are miss spelled my head hurts really bad !
    Anonymous

• That's sad.. I don't know anyone who doesn't take care of their pets. I don't like cleaning up their poop either but that's why we potty trained them!! I love dogs and watching that show makes me sick.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• DH picks it up before he mows the lawn... so once a week I guess? But our yard is pretty big so it's not like they're stepping in it or anything.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Dog poop is actually bad for the grass and contains tons of nasty stuff that can live in your ground for 7-10 years. You may not think your dog is sick (and it very may well not be) but all dogs carry the organisms that can make them and other animals sick.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2010

• "From mutt to blue-blooded champion, all dogs harbor so-called coliform bacteria, which live in the gut. The group includes E. coli, a bacterium that can cause disease, and fecal coliform bacteria, which spread through feces. Dogs also carry salmonella and giardia. Environmental officials use measurements of some of these bacteria as barometers of how much fecal matter has contaminated a body of water."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2002-06-07-dog-usat.htm
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2010